As she is now capable of bringing ships safely home.
To explain: she decided to bite into a glow stick at about eleven o clock at night, just after I'd gone to bed. FIrst I knew was when she made a disgusted yowl and ran out of the room onto the landing and started retching. When I looked around I noticed that the duvet cover was glowing and realised what must have happened. Cue frantic call to emergency vet to see if she'd been poisoned. They told me that glow sticks were not on their list of poisons but to keep an eye on her. She was quite ruffled for a while - I looked online and apparently they taste vile - but she's not poisoned happily. But she has a definite gentle glow about her when the lights are off..
I heard a bird cry, sharp and free. My name is Jordan.
A couple of weeks ago my cat Silk started foaming copiously at the mouth. I tried to see if there was anything caught in his teeth or if there was something around that he had eaten. I couldn't find anything and he didn't have any other symptoms. After doing an internet search, I found a site that suggested he had eaten a bitter bug, so that's what we thought. After about 15 minutes he was fine again. But the next day on my bed I found a little gel covered red pill --an old stool softener that had probably fallen behind something. Silk had obviously started playing with it and when he bit it, the bitter taste caused him to have that reaction. I thought it very considerate of him to bring it onto the bed so I could figure out what happened! (And no, he didn't end up with diarrhea...)