When you've ordered a Chinese take out and you think to look up the place you've ordered from and find that it has horrendous reviews on trip advisor and got a food hygiene rating of one at its last inspection earlier this year. Oh great.
I heard a bird cry, sharp and free. My name is Jordan.
We managed to give our extended family food poisoning at Richard's christening by cooking lots of rice the day before and heating it up on the day itself. Apparently, the surface of rice contains bacterial spores which are activated by boiling rather than being killed. I was shocked when I learnt that. I thought boiling something for 20 minutes would be sure to kill off any bacteria.