It was a bit of a rough ride. The 2 original splints both shifted causing one then the other pin to dislodge and poke out of the skin. He was just too active --as hard as we tried, we couldn't keep him as quiet as he needed to be. Finally they put a cast on him, but there were open wounds under the cast that got infected. He was in obvious discomfort yesterday and the cast really started to smell, so we took him to the emergency vet and had the cast taken off. They said the bone has healed nicely, but we still have to disinfect the wounds and keep him on antibiotics for 10 days. At least the cast is off! He slept like a log last night --probably his first pain-free night in awhile.